Close and constant temperature control in rotary bonding is achieved through the use of ‘oil filled’ heating drums. This provides excellent bond quality, in terms of both the adhesive penetration of the product and the uniformity of the adhesion, across the width and throughout the entire length of the roll. Temperatures of up to 235 degrees Centigrade can be achieved across the BM series range, along with speeds of up to around 15m/min dependent upon model and process.
Touch panels make these machines easy to control, whether you are setting heat or speed parameters, or programming the start-up timer.
These bonding and lamination machines can also be constructed with cylinders in a variety of widths and diameters, to suit different customers’ needs. The wider the cylinder, the wider the product that can be processed; two rolls can even be processed at the same time. The larger the drum, on the other hand, the faster the production speeds achievable.
Where rotary or flatbed bonding may not be appropriate, as would be the case in PPE production, we offer ultrasonic bonding solutions, which do exactly what is required.
Sizes and widths of the rotary bonding machines
Drum sizes available:
215, 350, 500, 600, 800, 1000mm in diameter
Working widths available:
1600 – 3200mm
- 100% Nomex felt belts, produced in Italy
- Belt edge control
- Touch screen operation
- Programmable heating and cooling, with the ability to set a timer and have the machine ready for production at the start of a shift
- Safety chucks with quick change and heavy duty airshafts for all feed and winding positions
- Manual fabric rewind tension control
- Disc air brakes for the unwinding tension of the protection paper, fabric and printing paper
- Manual brake systems for the printing and protection of paper rewinds
- Table entry
- Conveyor system for individual pieces
- Extraction hood
- Silicon-covered external bonding pressure roller
- Internal, metal pressure roller for bonding and foiling operations
- Web guiding equipment
- Chilled cooling rollers
- Motorised A-frame winding system for product exit
- Batching arm
- Motorised large roll feeding system for product entry
- In-line slitting system
Different products require different parameters to achieve the correct result, so a combination of heat, time and pressure for one product may not suit a different product. Our broad experience in this field allows us to advise you on the most suitable combinations for treated, woven, non-woven, mono and bi stretch materials. To find out more, please get in touch.